Has never been better from Southeastern Massachusetts
Ship to Mexico
The 2nd Trade Summit promoted a direct shipping service to Tuxpan, Mexico - Meximar
New Bedford - your deepwater commercial port
The Port of New Bedford, located on the Southern Massachusetts coast, is a deepwater commercial port and serves as a major intermodal shipping center for the Northern U.S. market and beyond.
Strategically positioned to support import and export trade, the Port is a designated Foreign Trade Zone and is just nine nautical miles from the Cape Cod shipping canal, 83 miles south of Boston and 166 miles north of New York. The Port is also a vital hub on the American Marine Highway.
In partnership with the Commonwealth and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, the Port is building the New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal to support offshore wind energy industry. This is the first purpose-built facility in the country.
The Port of New Bedford has it all!
- Access to New England and global markets
- The most protected deepwater port on the Eastern Seaboard with a hurricane barrier
- Direct links to highway, rail and air
- Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) #28 designation
- A strategic position on the AMH Corridor
- No Harbor Maintenance Tax
- Unparalleled services including shipping agencies, freight forwarding, stevedores, and truck brokering
- 4.5 million cubic feet of cold storage with excellent distribution and warehousing facilities
- Skilled marine labor force
- Modern terminals and wharfs
We're truck friendly!
If you want to know how to pick up your cargo, go to www.newbedfordtrucks.com, to see our state-of-the-art truck appointment system. This system allows you to request appointments, pick up and drop off your cargo.