Mooring payments are due 4/15/17!
Getting Around & what to do
What to do in New Bedford and how to get there
Welcome to our city! Our visitor's website will provide every thing you need to know destinationnewbedford.org
- Recreation - So much to do! You can start with our Zoo! Plus New Bedford has beautiful beaches, boating, harbor tours, parks, baseball, golf and bowling.
- History - Home to the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park, with stories from whaling, the textile industry, the working waterfront and the Underground Railroad.
- Art & Culture - A rich array of cultural attractions awaits including world class museums, galleries, cultural events and the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, which hosts national and international acts.
- Eat & Stay - Enjoy the worlds freshest seafood our restaurants and Yankee hospitality in our B&Bs and hotels.
- Festivals - See the city's lively art and culture scene - These are but a few: Feast of the Blessed Sacrament, the Working Waterfront Festival, AHA! Nights (Art, History and Architecture), Summerfest, Whaling City Festival, and New Bedford Seaport Chowder Festival.
- Antiques - New Bedford has the largest selection of antiques and collectibles in the northeast with over 200,000 square feet of showroom space.
Here are some of the most visited attractions; several are within walking distance from the seaport. Download a city map to help you find your way.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum
- New Bedford Ocean Explorium
- Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum
- Zeiterion Theater
- Whaling National Historical Park & Visitor Center
National Parks Service
New Bedford Whaling NHP
33 William Street | New Bedford, MA 02740
(508) 996-4095 | www.nps.gov/nebe
- Waterfront Visitor’s Center
52 Fisherman’s Wharf | New Bedford, MA 02740
- Launch Service
- Ferries & Water Taxis
- Rental Cars
There are four convenient Parking Locations.
Ferry Service to Martha's Vineyard and Cuttyhunk
Seatreak Martha's Vineyard Fast Ferry
4/1/211 - 11/30/11
Seasonal daily round trip service to Martha's Vineyard. Daily and overnight parking available at Whale's Tooth Parking Lot. Luggage storage, full concession bar, climate controlled decks, freight service and individual seating. Advanced reservations recommended.
Location: State Pier
Time: See schedule & rates
Cuttyhunk Ferry Company
All year - see schedule
Round trip service to Cuttyhunk (check schedule; daily in season and expanded weekend from late September through May). Parking available at Whale's Tooth Parking Lot. Full concession bar, freight service and individual seating.
66B State Pier, South Bulkhead
New Bedford, MA 02740
Reservations, tickets, scheduling | firstname.lastname@example.org
Freight, charters, boat related questions | email@example.com
Mass Vacation Link