Mooring payments are due 4/15/17!
New Bedford named one of Yachting Magazine's 50 Best Ports
New Bedford is an authentic New England Seaport that mixes work and play brilliantly! See The Standard Times article on Yachting Magazine recognizing our beloved Port as one of the top 50 in North America. Tourists will discover a "hidden gem" as described by The Providence Journal's article: Whaling City deserves another look.
We want you to enjoy your visit to America’s #1 Fishing Port and the city of New Bedford. Our working waterfront is home to fishing vessels, cruise ships, ferries, water taxis, excursion boats and all kinds of recreational boating.
There is so much to see and do, from visiting the world’s largest whaling museum to eating the world’s freshest seafood (try our scallops!). The launch will connect you to the historic downtown district, restaurants, galleries and key attractions. (Right now we're renovating our waterfront access area so please pardon our appearance!)
We invite you to take a tour of the sections below. If you can't find what you are looking for, please don't hesitate to call our crew at the New Bedford Port Authority (NBPA) at (508) 961- 3000 or email : NBPA@NewBedford-ma.gov
Find what you need to know to plan your visit:
Our goal is to make your visit to our harbor as memorable as possible.
- About the Harbor offers information links, all the key harbor contacts and gives the history of our city
- Rowing and Sailing lists the community-based recreational rowing and sailing organizations
- Harbor Maps lets you take a tour of our harbor and see its literal layout
- Marinas provides slip locations throughout New Bedford Harbor
- Your Guide to New Bedford shows you what to do and how to get there
- Moorings, Slips, and Anchoring provides all our options so you'll fnd the right home for your craft
- Harbor Facilities & Services offers services to make your stay comfortable
- Transportation tells you how to get around
- Parking gives you multiple convenient parking options
- Port Services Directory provides a complete list of every marine service available in New Bedford
- Recreational Newsletter is the interactive flipbook about the Harbor's activities and amenities for the upcoming season
- Hurricane Plan for Recreational Boaters