Tourist Info & Harbor Tours
See the Harbor, waterfront and City attractions
From Mid June through the end of September, you can explore New Bedford Harbor on a Whaling City Harbor Tour. You'll see our world-renowned commercial fishing fleet, the largest hurricane barrier on the East Coast, Fort Phoenix, and hear tales of New Bedford's storied past.
The 60-minute tour takes you on a relaxing, narrated cruise around historic New Bedford harbor. All tours depart from Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 3 @ the Waterfront Visitor's Center.
Schedule (In Season)
Mid- June through August: Tours leave Daily from 12 Noon, 1:30pm, 3pm & 4:30pm.
September: Saturday & Sunday, same times
Larger groups may call for reservations
Children (12 & under) $8
Whaling City Expeditions
13 Hamilton Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
The City of New Bedford's visitors website will provide every thing you need to know: destinationnewbedford.org
Your Guide to New Bedford shows you what to do and how to get there
Here are some of the most visited attractions; several are within walking distance from the seaport. Download a city map to help you find your way.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum
- New Bedford Ocean Explorium
- Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum
- Whaling National Historic Park & Visitor's Center
- Zeiterion Theater
Need more info? Find links below to everything you'll need to navigate and enjoy this happening city:
- Getting Around - What to do in New Bedford and how to get there
- City Map - giveyou a map and a legend that show where everything is located so you can find your way