Mooring payments are due 4/15/17!
Ferries & Excursion Boats
Ferry Service to Martha's Vineyard & Cuttyhunk and Sportfishing
The secret's out! Try our convenient ferry
service to the islands
The Providence Journal wrote:
"Even though the city boasts an impressive history and art scene, the best-kept secret about the area may be its ferry service to both Cuttyhunk Island and Martha's Vineyard. Many seeking to avoid the summer traffic on the Bourne and Sagamore bridges en route to the ferries at Woods Hole find New Bedford a much more convenient port."
Come to New Bedford and begin your vacation
in an authentic New England Seaport! We're your gateway to
the Islands, sportfishing, and harbor tours.
With convenient boarding locations at State Pier and Fisherman’s Wharf, hop on an excursion boat. or explore New Bedford Harbor on a Harbor Tour. You'll see our world-renowned commercial fishing fleet, the largest hurricane barrier on the East Coast, Fort Phoenix, and hear tales of New Bedford's storied past.
For an exciting offshore adventure, book a world-class sport fishing trip in Buzzard's Bay. Passengers with a passion for fishing can enjoy day or night experiences on top-notch vessels. With a variety of fish from stripers to sea bass, tautog to tuna, you’re sure to be buzzing about New Bedford's gateway to sport fishing!
Find the information you need in the links below:
If you can't find what you are looking for, please don't hesitate to
call our crew at the Harbor Development Commission (HDC) at (508) 961-
3000 or email
- Ferry Services tells you how to get away to Martha's Vineyard and Cuttyhunk
- Excursion Boats connects you to harbor tours, sport fishing and even pirates!
- Harbor Maps lets you take a tour of our harbor and see its literal layout
- Your Guide to New Bedford shows you what to do and how to get there
- About the Harbor offers information links, all the key harbor contacts and gives the history of our city
- Parking gives you multiple convenient parking options
- Terminal Locations shows you where to go
- Transportation tells you how to get around
- Recreational Newsletter is the interactive flipbook about the Harbor's activities and amenities for the upcoming season
- Commercial Newsletter is an interactive flipbook about the Port's working waterfront