New Bedford Loves Cruise Ships
New Bedford has the sights passengers want and the services cruise ships need.
We want you to enjoy your visit to America’s #1 Fishing Port and the city of New Bedford. Our deep-water port thrives with plenty of history and modern day activity. It's an authentic New England Seaport that mixes work and play brilliantly!
There is so much to see and do, from visiting the world’s largest whaling museum to eating the world’s freshest seafood (try our scallops!). The historic downtown district features a variety of ethnic restaurants, galleries and key attractions. (Right now we're renovating our waterfront access area so please pardon our appearance!)
If you can't find what you are looking for, please don't hesitate to call our crew at the New Bedford Port Authority(NBPA) at (508) 961- 3000 or email NBPA@newbedford-ma.gov
Passengers and cruise ship operators-
find the information you need in the links below:
Our goal is to make your visit to our harbor as remarkable as possible.
- Passenger connects you to the two cruise ship lines that make New Bedford a regular Port of Call
- Your Guide to New Bedford shows you what to do and how to get there
- About the Harbor offers information links, all the key harbor contacts and gives the history of our city
- Harbor Tours lists the tour companies
- Port Services Directory provides a complete list of every marine service available in New Bedford
- Recreational Newsletter is the interactive flipbook about the Harbor's activities and amenities for the upcoming season
- Commercial Newsletter is the interactive flipbook about the Port's working waterfront
- Harbor Maps lets you take a tour of our harbor and see its literal layout
- Cruise Operator shares all the Port facility information and links for ship operators
- Transportation tells you how to get around